JOIN THE TEAM
WHO WE ARE
Madina Hostel opened in June 2020 with the mission to provide affordable high quality accommodation and a social space that fosters a community of enthusiastic travelers and locals who value the diversity of Cairo, the arts and traveling. We welcome all nationalities and aim to share insights on how to explore and love Cairo as locals know it. Our cornerstones are a calm, open-minded and comfortable atmosphere along with honesty and being knowledgeable about the city.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Madina Hostel, you can be yourself: have long or short hair, wear shorts or jeans because your skills and personality are what matter.
A competitive salary
A performance-based bonus scheme
20 days of vacation
Innovative digital tools of the hospitality industry
Leadership and personal development
International and fun work environment
Space for your ideas
Exciting social activities
As a receptionist at Madina Hostel you are our guests’ superheroes by making their stay in Cairo as exciting, smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Reporting to the Hostel Management some of your RESPONSIBILITIES will be:
- Create a great guest experience: friendly and caring check-ins; continuous, informative and cheerful interaction with the guest during their stay; smooth check-out and payment procedure
- Act as information point: use your knowledge to make appropriate suggestions, arrange tours and travel itineraries
- Be a problem solver: Listen to the guests’ issues and find a solution that makes the guest happy
- Champion our values, the hostel and its activities
- Handle online and offline guest communication via email, phone, and apps
- Manage administrative processes: coordinate repairs, assist in inventory management, produce reports
- Ensure cleanliness: Develop cleaning checklist and track housekeeping work
- Handle bookings through our reservations management system
WHO YOU ARE
You are passionate about Cairo, travel, hospitality and people. You aim at delivering a great guest experience, can put our guests’ needs first and have strong people skills.
- Solution-oriented attitude, organized, proactive, eye for detail
- Customer service oriented: enjoy helping people
- Team player
- Flexible and reliable, ability to work in fast-paced environment and independently
- Very good written and spoken English and Arabic, other languages are a plus
- Open to new ideas and cultures, willing to learn
- ICT skills
- Positive attitude and able to inspire others
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
We strongly encourage female applicants.